I want to do a series of posts where people from different backgrounds share their experiences with mental health, and how/if faith played a role in that story. I believe that each one of us has a story, and that your story is one of the most powerful things you have to share.
I'm looking for people willing to write a post with some of the following in it:
- Tell us your story. Who are you? What have you been through? What did you learn?
- What role has mental health played in your story so far?
- How did faith, religion, spirituality, etc. intersect with that?
- Good or bad, be honest. If a church saved your life, tell us. If religious folks damaged you, tell us.
- What do you wish had happened differently? Who could've reacted differently to help you more?
- What would you look for if you were to interact with a faith group regarding mental health in the future?
- Your general thoughts on the church's role, stance, or posture towards mental health.
- Anything else you want to say. Seriously, I want your unique viewpoint and perspective.
More importantly, just tell us what you want to say, with your voice. You can hit as many or as little of the above points as you want. Just be open, be honest, and be real.
You have something to say that no one else does. You've lived a story that no one else has. I want to hear it, and I want others to hear it too.
Email questions or responses to Robert.Vore@gmail.com, or ask a question in the comments section below. Writes can request I post theirs anonymously if desired.
Have someone you think would be perfect for this? Send them the link and tell them you want to hear their story. There are no requirements for who can write, other than being willing to share a past of themselves with us.
Thanks for considering, and I can't wait to hear your story.