Links to local or online resources, especially those found in other directories, does not indicate formal endorsement or any affiliation with those services.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Crisis Text Line: text 'Home' to 741741
- Hopeline: Call or text 919-231-4525 or 1-877-235-4525
- Trans Lifeline: U.S. (877) 565-8860 or Canada (877) 330-6366
- Trevor Lifeline: 866-488-7386 (specializes in LGBTQ youth)
- Georgia Crisis & Access Line: 1-800-715-4225 (Georgia specific)
- Veterans Crisis Line: call 1-800-273-8255 and press 1 or send a text message to 838255
- San Francisco Night Ministry: call 415-441-0123 from 10:00 p.m. to 4:00 a.m. (local to San Fransisco)
- Asian American LifeNet Hotline: Call 1-877-990-8585 24/7 (Cantonese, Mandarin, Japanese, Korean, Fujianese are offered)
- Boys Town Hotline: 800-448-3000 (also has an option for hearing and speech impaired callers at 1-800-448-1833)
- Lists of international Crisis Lines are compiled by the following:
- A list of local resources suggested by To Write Love On Her Arms is available here.
- SAMHSA (Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration) maintains a directory of local behavioral health services here.
- A list of low cost mental health resources is being compiled on LowCostHelp.com.
- Local counselors, psychiatrists, and treatment centers can be searched for on Psychology Today.
- Low cost therapists can be found on Open Path Psychotherapy Collective.
- The National Mental Health Consumers' Self-Help Clearinghouse keeps a directory of consumer-driven services for finding local peer-support resources.
- Active Minds
- Addiction Helper (UK specific)
- American Association of Suicidology
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- Crisis Text Line (Text 'Start' to 741-741)
- DrugRehab.com (Includes a page on co-occuring disorders)
- Heads Up Guys
- International Association for Suicide Prevention
- Man Therapy
- Mental Health America
- Mental Health Grace Alliance
- The Mighty (stories by those with chronic illness, mental illness, and more.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (Includes info on specific conditions)
- NAMI Helpline (Answers questions about mental health issues)
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (1.800.273.8255 / 1.800.273.TALK)
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- Suicide Prevention Resource Center
by Robert H. Albers (Author, Editor), William H. Meller (Editor), Steven D. Thurber (Editor)
by Amy Simpson
by Thomas Joiner
by Thomas Joiner
by Paul G. Quinnett
by Kay Redfield Jamison
by Stacey Freedenthal
by Terri A. Erbacher, Jonathan B. Singer, and Scott Poland
by Dr. Bessel Van Der Kolk
by Hillary McBride
by Marc Alan Schelske
by Timothy Doty & Sally Spencer-Thomas
by John T. Cacioppo & William Patrick
by Frances E. Jensen, MD
hosted by Robert Vore
hosted by Dr. Dawn-Elise Snipes
hosted by Gabe Howard and Vincent M. Wales
hosted by Dr. Katie Gordon and Brandon Saxton
hosted by Dr. Ellen Hendriksen
hosted by Dr. Jonathan Singer
hosted by Dr. Amber Thornton
Friends/Other Websites I Find Helpful:
- Steve Austin - I Am Steven Austin
- Aaron J. Smith - Cultural Savage
- Sarah Simmons - Beautiful Between
- Brittney Moses - A Journey of Faith & Mental Wellness
- Brittney also offers the Faith & Mental Wellness App, check it out!
- Kristen Kansiewicz - Church Therapy
- Dr. David Susman - The Mental Health & Wellness Blog
- Dr. Stacey Freedenthal - Speaking of Suicide
- Aundi Kolber - Bravely Imperfect
- Dr. Holly Oxhandler's website
- Sharon Martin - Live Well with Sharon Martin
- Dr. Sally Spencer-Thomas - Dr. Sally Speaks
Have a website, book, or local resource (or something else) you'd like to see on the Resources page?