Lists of local resources can be found here. More resources coming soon.
Crisis Text Line (Text 'Start' to 741-741)
The Mighty (stories by those with chronic illness, mental illness, and more.
- NAMI Helpline (Answers questions about mental health issues)
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (1.800.273.8255 / 1.800.273.TALK)
- Ministry with Persons with Mental Illness and Their Families - Albers, Meller, Thurber (ed.)
- Troubled Minds: Mental Illness and the Church's Mission - Amy Simpson
- Myths About Suicide - Thomas Joiner
- Why People Die By Suicide - Thomas Joiner
- Counseling Suicidal People: A Therapy of Hope - Paul G. Quinnett
- Night Falls Fast: Understanding Suicide - Kay Redfield Jamison
- From Pastor to a Psych Ward: Recovery from a Suicide Attempt is Possible - Steve Austin
- Madness: American Protestant Responses to Mental Illness - Heather H. Vacek
Book recommendations on more topics coming soon.
Have a website, book, or local resource (or something else) you'd like to see on the Resources page?