- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Crisis Text Line: text 'Home' to 741741
- Hopeline: Call or text 919-231-4525 or 1-877-235-4525
- Trans Lifeline: U.S. (877) 565-8860 or Canada (877) 330-6366
- Trevor Lifeline: 866-488-7386 (specializes in LGBTQ youth)
- Georgia Crisis & Access Line: 1-800-715-4225 (Georgia specific)
- Veterans Crisis Line: call 1-800-273-8255 and press 1 or send a text message to 838255
- San Francisco Night Ministry: call 415-441-0123 from 10:00 p.m. to 4:00 a.m. (local to San Fransisco)
- Asian American LifeNet Hotline: Call 1-877-990-8585 24/7 (Cantonese, Mandarin, Japanese, Korean, Fujianese are offered)
- Boys Town Hotline: 800-448-3000 (also has an option for hearing and speech impaired callers at 1-800-448-1833)
Lists of local resources can be found here. More resources coming soon.
Crisis Text Line (Text 'Start' to 741-741)
The Mighty (stories by those with chronic illness, mental illness, and more.
- NAMI Helpline (Answers questions about mental health issues)
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (1.800.273.8255 / 1.800.273.TALK)
- Ministry with Persons with Mental Illness and Their Families - Albers, Meller, Thurber (ed.)
- Troubled Minds: Mental Illness and the Church's Mission - Amy Simpson
- Myths About Suicide - Thomas Joiner
- Why People Die By Suicide - Thomas Joiner
- Counseling Suicidal People: A Therapy of Hope - Paul G. Quinnett
- Night Falls Fast: Understanding Suicide - Kay Redfield Jamison
- From Pastor to a Psych Ward: Recovery from a Suicide Attempt is Possible - Steve Austin
- Madness: American Protestant Responses to Mental Illness - Heather H. Vacek
- Suicide: An Essential Guide for Helping Professionals and Educators by Darcy Granello & Paul Granello
- Suicide In Schools: A Practitioner's Guide to Multi-Level Prevention, Assessment, Intervention, and Postvention by Jonathan Singer, Terri Erbacher, & Scott Poland
Book recommendations on more topics coming soon.
Have a website, book, or local resource (or something else) you'd like to see on the Resources page?